The Catholic School Council is an advisory body whose mission is to enhance the education of our children in a faith-centered environment in partnership with the school, parish, community and home.
- Christina Del Buono
- Rita Libera
- Stefania Di Mambro
- Emma Biondi
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become a council member?
There are two types of members voting and members at large. To become a voting member, you must submit a nomination form by the deadline. Then attend the September council meeting where voting will take place. All other members are members at large and do not get to vote on council matters and do not have the responsibilities of a voting member. Members at large may participate fully in council,
they just cannot vote.
What are the responsibilities of a voting member?
All voting members must attend council meetings. They also must volunteer for the annual BBQ and be part of at least one major committee (BBQ, Fundraising or Hot Lunch).
I’m not a member, can I still show up to a meeting?
Yes. Every parent/guardian with a child attending FFM is welcome to attend meetings.
What goes on at council meetings?
An agenda is set before each meeting so every council member knows what items are to be discussed. The agenda is posted on the school website prior to each meeting. In general, updates are provided by the Chair, Principal, Teacher Representative and each committee Chair. Board policies are also provided for review.
What does council do?
The FFM CSC is involved in many initiatives to enhance the educational experience for all FFM students. Last year council committees planned and organized the following:
- Hot lunch – Tuesday pizza lunches, Wednesday hot lunches (veal, chicken and pasta), daily milk program
- Fundraising – chocolate fundraiser
- Faith – celebration of confirmation and communion with a small gift and cupcake
- BBQ – food and fun
- Social – parent engagement speaker, movie night, teacher appreciation
I’m not interested in being a member but I’d like to volunteer.
You don’t need to be a council member to volunteer your time. There are other programs not organized by council that need volunteers as well. Here are some volunteer options:
- Pizza and hot lunch – time commitment is 30 – 45 minutes (you don’t have to commit to every week).
- Fundraising – there’s always money to count
- BBQ – we send out the form every year requesting volunteers.
- Healthy Kids Committee – family fit night, snack attack, You Are the Chef
- Reading Program – commitment of 1 hour per week during school hours. You’re matched up with a teacher who provides direction. You read with and to individual students and groups of students.